Term 3 Week 4 Monday 3rd August
Our Prayer This Week
Here we go again!!!
Dear parents, guardians and students,
With the announcement of stage 3 restrictions yesterday, we are heading back to remote learning this week. Our school day today will be one of fun and friendship as we prepare for the next 6 weeks apart without this vital social contact. After further discussion the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria has allocated Tuesday and Wednesday as school closure days where the staff will gather at school to prepare for remote learning. Thursday will be our first day of remote learning with work being posted, packs delivered and video chats commenced.
Wellbeing V Learning
Parents, as we re-enter our remote learning, I would ask that together we aim to strike a balance between student learning and wellbeing. As a school we were delighted that many students had made great progress during our last home learning time however, we were concerned for the wellbeing of students and parents at some stages. The message is to go gently with the children and with yourselves during this time and find the level of engagement that best fits your circumstances. Having fun is an essential part of a learning day at school so make this part of the daily routine at home.
School will be available to students of essential services workers across the last 6 weeks of this term for full or part day support to allow parents to continue their work. These children will simply complete their remote learning tasks here at school throughout the day. School will be closed to all students of parents not deemed to be essential service workers.
What will be different this time.
After the feedback we received after remote learning last term we have made some adjustments to our delivery of learning materials to help support parents and children during this time.
- We will video chat with each class at the beginning of each day to ensure they are aware of the expected tasks. Junior 9am, Middle 9:30am, Senior 10am. We expect all students to attend and we will take the roll at these sessions.
- If you have more than one child in a class, we ask that they just use one device for these morning and afternoon sessions to limit the data use by the household to preserve the video quality.
- We will check in again to see what has been done each afternoon. Junior 2pm, Middle 2:30pm, Senior 3pm.
- The senior students are still expected to work independently, the Middles will need some parent support and the Juniors will need lots of help from home.
- As our Juniors are less proficient with technology we will also deliver a learning pack each week with photocopied sheet to support the learning each day.
- We will swap readers for the Juniors when we drop off these packs.
- All students are borrowing 6 library books to take home today. These may be returned throughout the term and new ones taken.
Lacey Killen 7th August
Ava Wardlaw 7th August
Parent / Teacher Interviews
The overwhelming feedback from our Parent/Teacher interviews last week was that, despite not being able to meet face-to-face, there were good conversations about student progress and their work habits at school. We had a 100% attendance rate from parents and we are grateful they valued this enough to make time for these calls.